Road markings, whether they are needed permanently or only temporarily, make an important contribution to road safety. Retroreflective markings can be relied on to show road users the way, in both urban and rural environments. Traffic levels are rising steadily. If we are to deal successfully with the challenges this poses, we will need to encourage road users to act in a responsible manner. We will also need to have safe and smooth traffic management strategies in place. Road markings must not only be highly visible, they must also be fit for purpose, at all times of the day and night. In the central region of Europe especially, with its extremely varied weather conditions, road markings have to be of the highest quality to ensure that roads are safe, regardless of whether there is snow, rain, or brilliant sunshine.
Because Bremicker Verkehrstechnik puts a premium on quality, road markings from PREMARK® are included in our product portfolio. These are prefabricated thermoplastic markings which are melted onto the road surface with a gas burner. Only the best quality raw materials are used in the production of the thermoplastic material, guaranteeing outstanding resistance to wear. Incorporated into the surface of the material are reflective glass beads which can be relied on to reflect light beams back to the original light source and thus provide better orientation.
We differentiate between permanent and temporary road markings. Permanent markings include lines, arrows, symbols, lettering and numbers. They can be deployed as traffic signs that have been transferred to the road surface, or as markings in industrial or warehouse environments.
Temporary markings are used mainly for traffic management purposes around construction sites, where yellow road markings indicate a temporary re-routeing of the roadway and override the validity of the original white markings.
How is PREMARK® used?
- You need to make sure that there is a clean surface where the markings are to be applied.
- You will have to mark the places where you want to apply the PREMARK® symbols.
- If necessary, you will have to apply heat to this surface in order to remove any traces of moisture.
- Place the PREMARK® material in the appropriate position on the surface, with the glass bead coating facing upwards.
- You can now begin to heat the surface of the material to a temperature of approx. 200° C. You will know that you have reached the required temperature, when small bubbles begin to appear, and the colour of the material changes from white to yellowish. In addition, all the control notches in the material must be closed.
- If you want to apply the material to non-bituminous surfaces (e.g. concrete, old asphalt), you will need to treat the surface with PREMARK® Primer. If the surface is natural stone (e.g. granite, basalt), or highly compressed concrete, it will be necessary to apply Viaxi Primer first.
- If you want to intensify the initial retroreflection effect and the grip, you will need to use additional drop-on bead material.
Alternatively, why don't you just ask us - your traffic technology experts - to do the work for you?
- a minimum of 35% glass beads in the mixture
- thickness of material: 2.8 mm (+0.4/-0.3)
- reflection: 250/150 mcd/m2*lx (R3)
- Qd contrast: 130 mcd/22*lx (Q3)
- traction: 45 SRT (S3)
- application temperature: 220-240° C
- self-cleaning effect
- available in all shapes and colours
- non-toxic, contains no heavy metals