Bremicker Verkehrstechnik is a company with a long family tradition. The firm has been operating in the traffic engineering technology sector for more than 80 years. The experience it has gained and the developments it has made over that long period have seen Bremicker become experts in the field.
Bremicker Verkehrstechnik GmbH & Co. KG was established in 1932 as a family-run business and is meanwhile one of the oldest and most experienced firms in the sector. For Bremicker, direct contact with our customers is paramount. Thanks to our strategically based external staff and our two business sites, Bremicker Verkehrstechnik is well placed to meet our customers' specific needs nationwide at the local level. The Bremicker sites are evenly spread around the country; also, the portfolio of the company covers a wide range of products. These are two factors that have contributed towards the success story of Bremicker Verkehrstechnik.
By virtue of its constant expansion and investment in new technologies, Bremicker has been setting new standards in traffic engineering technology for over 80 years. As a steadily growing family business, Bremicker Verkehrstechnik recognises its strengths and strives tirelessly to improve on them and continue to develop them.
Through attention to good customer relationship management and innovative vision in the decades since its inception, Bremicker Verkehrstechnik has secured a firmly established place in the traffic engineering technology sector, as well as with its customer base.
|1932||The firm is founded under the name of Firma Press-Schilder Hamacher & Boymanns in Wuppertal by Theo Hamacher (Ernst Bremicker's brother-in-law).|
|1943||The firm moves to Weilheim during the war.|
|1952||Ernst Bremicker takes over the firm and renames it 'Ernst Bremicker KG'.|
|1953||The firm moves to the new address 'Am Öferl 43' in Weilheim in Upper Bavaria; production of the first reflective design traffic signs.|
|1962||Start of on-going construction work to expand production facilities.|
|1979||The first branch factory opens in Lich.|
|1982||The second branch factory opens in Haunetal.|
|1992||The third branch factory opens in Leipzig/Wiedemar.|
|2001||The facilities in Weilheim, Lich and Wiedemar are split off, and from now on the company is known as 'Bremicker Verkehrstechnik GmbH & Co. KG'; the Haunetal facility becomes an independent company known as 'Metalltechnik Haunetal GmbH'|
|2013||The Lich operations are moved to a site in Grünberg which becomes a sales and projects office.|
What is important to us....
Development and progress always go hand in hand, and here at Bremicker we pay attention to both in equal measure. With our products we are constantly endeavouring to contribute towards improving road traffic safety and everything to do with it. This is due to the fact that we are alive to change and driven by a knowledge of the sector that has been steadily augmented over the last 80 years.
We are therefore impressed by the campaign 'Visible Safety' initiated by the Industrieverband Straßenausstattung e.V. (road equipment association) and the initiative of a road sign surveillance group "Schilderüberwachungsverein", or SÜV, and we think they should have every support. The group has taken it upon itself to root out superfluous and poor quality signs and pass on the information to the relevant authorities. Their commitment has led to a heightened public awareness of the issue of signage and road equipment and will hopefully result in changes being made.
Click here to find out if the group are taking a closer look at the quality of signage in your area: